Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 39. Rates and Rating Organizations
- Section 100. Advisory Organizations.
previous: Section 90
. Rights of Insureds.
next: Section 110
. Joint Underwriting or Joint Reinsurance.
AS 21.39.100. Advisory Organizations.
- (a) Each group, association or other organization of insurers, whether located inside or outside this state, that assists
insurers that make their own filings or rating organizations in rate making by the collection and furnishing of loss or
expense statistics or by the submission of recommendations, but that does not make filings under this chapter, shall be
known as an advisory organization.
- (b) Each advisory organization shall file with the director
- (1) a copy of its constitution, its articles of agreement or association, or its certificate of incorporation and of its
bylaws and regulations governing its activities;
- (2) a list of its members;
- (3) the name and address of a resident of this state upon whom notices or orders of the director or process issued at the
direction of the director may be served; and
- (4) an agreement that the director may examine the advisory organization in accordance with AS 21.39.120
- (c) If, after a hearing, the director finds that the furnishing of the information or assistance involves an act or
practice that is unfair or unreasonable or otherwise inconsistent with this chapter, the director may issue a written
order specifying in what respects the act or practice is unfair or unreasonable or otherwise inconsistent with this
chapter, and requiring the discontinuance of the act or practice.
- (d) An insurer that makes its own filings and a rating organization may not support its filings by statistics or adopt
rate making recommendations, furnished to it by an advisory organization that has not complied with this section or
with an order of the director involving the statistics or recommendations issued under (c) of this section. If the
director finds the insurer or rating organization to be in violation of this subsection the director may issue an order
requiring the discontinuance of the violation.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.