Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 39. Rates and Rating Organizations
- Section 35. Required Filing of Insurance Scoring Models; Personal Insurance.
previous: Section 30
. Making of Rates.
next: Section 40
. Rate Filings.
AS 21.39.035. Required Filing of Insurance Scoring Models; Personal Insurance.
- (a) Credit history may not be used to determine personal insurance rates or premiums or to make underwriting decisions
unless the insurance scoring models are filed with the director. Insurance scoring models include all attributes and
factors used in the calculation of an insurance score, statistical validation, documentation, appropriate loss
information, and any other relevant factors.
- (b) Information filed under (a) of this section
- (1) is confidential, shall be considered a trade secret, and is not subject to public inspection under AS 21.06.060
- (2) may be released or otherwise shared as provided in AS 21.06.060
- (3) shall be filed by the insurer and may not be filed by a third party or vendor.
- (c) An insurer shall comply with AS 21.36.460
when using credit history to calculate a personal insurance score or determine personal insurance premiums or rates.
- (d) Notwithstanding (b) of this section, the director shall make available to the public a general description of the
insurance scoring models filed under (a) of this section. A general description of insurance scoring models may not
disclose any trade secrets contained in the models.
- (e) In this section,
- (1) "credit history" has the meaning given in AS 21.36.460
- (2) "insurance score" has the meaning given in AS 21.36.460
- (3) "personal insurance" has the meaning given in AS 21.36.460
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.