Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 33. Unauthorized Insurers
- Section 910. Definitions.
previous: Section 900
. Records of Insureds.
next: Chapter 34
. Surplus Lines Insurance
AS 21.33.910. Definitions.
In this chapter,
- (1) "export" means to place surplus lines insurance with a nonadmitted insurer;
- (2) "transaction of insurance" means the solicitation, negotiation, procurement, effectuation, or renewal of insurance;
forwarding of applications; delivery of policies or contracts; inspection of risks; fixing of rates; investigation or
adjustment of claims or losses; collection or forwarding of premiums; or transaction of matters subsequent to
effectuation of the contract of insurance and arising out of it;
- (3) "unauthorized person" means a person not licensed as a surplus lines broker, or not a salaried employee of the
- (4) "wet marine and transportation insurance" has the meaning given in AS 21.34.900
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.