Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 27. Producers, Agents, Administrators, Brokers, Adjusters, and Managers
- Section 860. Unlicensed Nonresident Adjusters.
previous: Section 850
. Insurance Producer, Managing General Agent, Surplus Line Broker, Reinsurance Intermediary Broker, and Reinsurance Intermediary Manager as Independent Adjuster.
next: Section 870
. Independent Adjuster Records.
AS 21.27.860. Unlicensed Nonresident Adjusters.
- (a) A nonresident independent adjuster not licensed by this state who is licensed by and in good standing with its
resident state may act as an adjuster and adjust a single loss in this state during a calendar year, or may act as an
adjuster and adjust losses arising out of a catastrophe as declared by the director, if, within 10 days after the start
of an investigation or adjustment under this section, the nonresident independent adjuster has advised the director in
writing of the adjustment and provided the following information:
- (1) the individual and firm name;
- (2) the business mailing address;
- (3) the business physical address and phone number;
- (4) the licensing state of residence;
- (5) the resident license number; and
- (6) other facts that the director may require.
- (b) A nonresident independent adjuster may be sued upon a cause of action arising in this state arising from an adjustment
under this section under the procedure provided in AS 21.33.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.