Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 27. Producers, Agents, Administrators, Brokers, Adjusters, and Managers
- Section 530. Insurance Producer Qualifications.
previous: Section 470
. - 21.27.520l Agent, Broker, Solicitor, Service Representatives, and Adjuster Defined; Exceptions From Definitions. [Repealed, Sec. 47 Ch 29 SLA 1987].
next: Section 540
. Trainee Insurance Producers. [Repealed, Sec. 53 Ch 96 SLA 2004].
AS 21.27.530. Insurance Producer Qualifications.
In addition to the general qualifications under AS 21.27.020
, to qualify for issuance or renewal of an insurance producer license, an applicant or licensee
- (1) must possess the competence necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of an insurance producer;
- (2) if previously licensed in good standing in this state as an insurance producer, must not have had a license suspended
or revoked within the previous four calendar years;
- (3) [Repealed, Sec. 53 ch 96 SLA 2004].
- (4) for a license with a scope that includes variable contracts, must either be currently registered with the federal
Securities and Exchange Commission as a broker-dealer or personally take and pass, to the satisfaction of the director,
tests of the knowledge and competence of the applicant concerning securities;
- (5) [Repealed, Sec. 82 ch 81 SLA 2001].
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.