Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 27. Producers, Agents, Administrators, Brokers, Adjusters, and Managers
- Section 405. Hearing and Order On Violation.
previous: Section 400
. Temporary License Limitations. [Repealed, Sec. 223 Ch 67 SLA 1992].
next: Section 410
. Denial, Nonrenewal, Suspension, or Revocation of Licenses.
AS 21.27.405. Hearing and Order On Violation.
- (a) On the complaint of a person or on the motion of the director, the director may conduct an investigation to determine
whether a person has violated this chapter.
- (b) If the director determines that a person has violated this chapter, the director shall serve an order upon the person
charged requiring that person to cease and desist from engaging in the act or practice. A person aggrieved by the cease
and desist order may demand a hearing under AS 21.06.170
- (c) If the director believes that a person has violated a cease and desist order issued under (b) of this section, the
director may certify the relevant facts to the superior court for proceedings under AS 44.62.590. In addition to the penalties and remedies
provided for in AS 44.62.590, the superior court, upon
finding that the cease and desist order has been violated, may order the violator to comply with the order, pay a
penalty of not more than $100,000 for each violation, revoke or suspend the violator's license, and bar the violator
from transacting the business of insurance in the future.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.