Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 27. Producers, Agents, Administrators, Brokers, Adjusters, and Managers
- Section 100. Appointment of Insurance Producer, Managing General Agent, and Reinsurance Intermediary Manager; Acts of Agent.
previous: Section 90
. , 21.27.095l Qualifications For Licensing; Licensing of General Agents. [Repealed, Sec. 223 Ch 67 SLA 1992].
next: Section 110
. Term of Appointment.
AS 21.27.100. Appointment of Insurance Producer, Managing General Agent, and Reinsurance Intermediary Manager; Acts of Agent.
- (a) An appointment is required to be made in accordance with this section when one or more of the following has occurred:
- (1) an admitted insurer appoints a managing general agent in this state or relative to a subject resident, located, or
to be performed in this state;
- (2) a managing general agent appoints an insurance producer as its subagent in this state or relative to subjects
resident, located, or to be performed in this state;
- (3) a domestic reinsurer appoints a reinsurance intermediary manager;
- (4) a reinsurance intermediary manager appoints an insurance producer as its subagent in this state.
- (b) An admitted insurer shall appoint an insurance producer as its agent in this state
or relative to a subject resident, located, or to be performed in this state not later than 30 days after the date that a written agency contract is executed or the first insurance application is
submitted to the admitted insurer by the licensed insurance producer.
- (c) An individual in a firm who acts solely on behalf of a firm that is appointed as an agent or a managing general
agent on behalf of an admitted
insurer under this section may not be required to also have an appointment under this section if the individual in the firm is licensed
with that firm for a specific class of authority.
- (d) The authorized or apparently authorized acts on behalf of an appointing insurer of an insurance producer appointed
under this section are considered the acts of that insurer.
- (e) An insurer and managing general agent shall maintain a current list of all appointments made or required to
be made under this section that identifies the licensee's name, licensee's mailing address, license number, and effective date of
- (f) An insurance producer shall maintain a list of all appointments made or required to be made under this
section that identifies the insurer's name, insurer's mailing address, and effective date of appointment.
- (g) An insurer, managing general agent, or insurance producer shall reply in writing within three working days
to an inquiry of the director regarding an appointment.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.