Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 27. Producers, Agents, Administrators, Brokers, Adjusters, and Managers
- Section 60. Examination of Applicants and Licensees.
previous: Section 50
. One Filing of Personal Data Sufficient. [Repealed, Sec. 223 Ch 67 SLA 1992].
next: Section 70
. Scope of Examination. [Repealed, Sec. 223 Ch 67 SLA 1992].
AS 21.27.060. Examination of Applicants and Licensees.
- (a) Except as provided in this chapter, an applicant for an individual license and a compliance officer applicant for a
firm license shall, before the issuance of the license, personally take and pass, to the satisfaction of the director,
an examination that tests the knowledge and competence of the applicant as to the applicant's duties and
responsibilities as a licensee and the insurance statutes and regulations of the state.
- (b) If the director determines that a licensee has violated this title or that a licensee has conducted affairs under the
license that cause the director reasonably to desire further evidence of the qualifications of the licensee, the
director may at any time require the licensee to personally take and pass, to the satisfaction of the director, an
examination that tests the knowledge and competence of the licensee as to the licensee's duties and responsibilities as
a licensee, or the insurance laws of the state.
- (c) An individual who applies for an insurance producer license in this state who was previously licensed for the same
lines of authority in that individual's prior home state is not required to pass the examination required by (a) of
this section in order to secure the same authority in this state. The exemption available under this subsection applies
only if the application is received within 90 days after the cancellation of the applicant's previous license in the
applicant's prior home state and
- (1) the applicant's prior home state verifies that, at the time of cancellation, the applicant held an insurance producer
license that was in good standing in that state; or
- (2) the insurance producer licensing database records for the prior home state that are maintained by the National
Association of Insurance Commissioners or its affiliates or subsidiaries indicate that the applicant is or was licensed
in good standing for the kind of license requested.
- (d) This section does not apply to an applicant
- (1) for a limited license under AS 21.27.150
(a)(1), (4), or (5); or
- (2) who, at any time within the one-year period immediately preceding the date the current pending application is received
by the division, had been licensed in good standing in this state under a license requiring substantially similar
qualifications as required by the license applied for.
- (e) The director may make available a printed manual specifying in general terms the subjects that may be covered in an
examination for a particular license.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.