Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 24. Administration of Deposits
- Section 40. Depositary or Custodian.
previous: Section 30
. Securities Eligible For Deposit.
next: Section 50
. Record of Deposits.
AS 21.24.040. Depositary or Custodian.
- (a) Deposits made in this state under this title shall be made through the office of the director under
custodial arrangements as required or approved by the director consistent with the purposes of the deposit, with an
established safe deposit institution, bank, or trust company located in this state selected by the insurer with the
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 34 Ch 1 FSSLA 2005].
- (c) If of convenience to the insurer in the buying, selling, and exchange of securities making up its deposit, and in the
collection of interest and other income currently accruing on the securities, the insurer may, with the director's advance
written approval, deposit a portion of the securities under custodial arrangements with an established bank or trust
company located outside this state, if receipts representing all the securities are issued by the custodial bank or
trust company and are held custody subject to the requirements of (a) of this section.
- (d) The form and terms of all depositary or custodial agreements shall be as prescribed or approved by the director
consistent with the applicable provisions of this title.
- (e) The compensation and expenses of the depositary or custodian shall be borne by the insurer.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.