Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 22. Insurance Holding Companies
- Section 110. Examination.
previous: Section 105
. Management of Domestic Insurers Subject to Registration.
next: Section 120
AS 21.22.110. Examination.
- (a) Subject to the limitation in (b) of this section, the director may order an insurer registered under AS 21.22.060
to produce records, books, or other information or papers in the possession of the insurer or its affiliates as are
necessary to ascertain the financial condition or legality of conduct of the insurer. If an insurer fails to comply
with the director's order, the director may examine the insurer's affiliates to obtain the information required.
- (b) The director shall exercise the power under (a) of this section only if the examination of the insurer under AS 21.06.120
- 21.06.170 is inadequate or the interests of the
policyholders of the insurer may be adversely affected.
- (c) The director may retain, at the registered insurer's expense, attorneys, actuaries, accountants, and other experts not
otherwise a part of the director's staff as may be necessary to assist in the conduct of an examination under (a) of
this section. Any persons so retained are under the direction and control of the director and shall act in a purely
- (d) Each registered insurer producing for examination records, books, and papers under (a) of this section is liable for
and shall pay the expense of an examination in accordance with AS 21.06.160
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.