Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 22. Insurance Holding Companies
- Section 80. Transactions With Affiliates.
previous: Section 70
. Review By Director.
next: Section 85
. Transactions Involving a Domestic Insurer Requiring Director Review.
AS 21.22.080. Transactions With Affiliates.
Material transactions by registered insurers with their affiliates are subject to the following standards:
- (1) the terms shall be fair and reasonable;
- (2) charges or fees for services performed shall be reasonable;
- (3) expenses incurred and payment received shall be allocated to the insurer in conformity with customary insurance
accounting practices consistently applied;
- (4) the books, accounts, and records of each party shall be maintained so as to disclose clearly and accurately the
precise nature and details of the transactions including accounting information that is necessary to support the
reasonableness of the charges or fees to the respective parties; and
- (5) the insurer's surplus as regards policyholders following any dividends or distributions to shareholder affiliates or
performance under a material transaction with an affiliate shall be reasonable in relation to the insurer's outstanding
liabilities and adequate to its financial needs.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.