Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 14. Risk Based Capital For Insurers
- Section 10. Risk Based Capital Reports.
previous: Chapter 14
. Risk Based Capital For Insurers
next: Section 15
. Other Powers and Duties Not Limited.
AS 21.14.010. Risk Based Capital Reports.
- (a) A life and health domestic insurer, property and casualty domestic insurer, or other insurer required by the director
shall, on or before March 1, submit to the director a report of its risk based capital covering the previous calendar
year. The report must be in a form and contain the information required by risk based capital instructions. A domestic
insurer required to submit a report under this subsection shall file the report with
- (1) the National Association of Insurance Commissioners; and
- (2) the insurance regulatory agency in each state in which the insurer is authorized to transact business if the insurance
regulatory agency has requested the report in writing from the insurer; a report requested under this paragraph shall
- (A) not later than 15 days from the receipt of a request if the report has already been filed with the director; or
- (B) at the time the report is filed with the director, if the report has not yet been filed with the director.
- (b) An insurer's risk based capital shall be determined under the formula contained in the risk based capital
- (c) If a domestic insurer files a report that the director determines to be inaccurate, the director may adjust the report
to correct the inaccuracy. The director shall notify the insurer of an adjustment and the reason for it.
- (d) If a domestic insurer transacts business only in this state and the insurer's total annual written premium plus
monetary consideration received on an annuity is less than $2,000,000, the insurer may apply annually to the director
for an exemption from submitting the report required under this section.
- (e) The director shall establish risk based capital instructions by order after an open meeting as provided under AS 44.62.310
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.