Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 7. Regulation of Managed Care Insurance Plans
- Section 80. Religious Nonmedical Providers.
previous: Section 70
. Limitation On Liability of Reviewers.
next: Section 90
AS 21.07.080. Religious Nonmedical Providers.
This chapter may not be construed to
- (1) restrict or limit the right of a managed care entity to include services provided by a religious
nonmedical provider as medical care services covered by the managed care plan;
- (2) require a managed care entity, when determining coverage for services provided by a religious nonmedical
- (A) apply medically based eligibility standards;
- (B) use health care providers to determine access by a covered person;
- (C) use health care providers in making a decision on an internal or external appeal; or
- (D) require a covered person to be examined by a health care provider as a condition of coverage; or
- (3) require a managed care plan to exclude coverage for services provided by a religious nonmedical provider
because the religious nonmedical provider is not providing medical or other data required from a health care provider
if the medical or other data is inconsistent with the religious nonmedical treatment or nursing care being provided.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.