Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 7. Regulation of Managed Care Insurance Plans
- Section 40. Confidentiality of Managed Care Information.
previous: Section 30
. Choice of Health Care Provider.
next: Section 50
. External Health Care Appeals.
AS 21.07.040. Confidentiality of Managed Care Information.
- (a) Medical and financial information in the possession of a managed care entity regarding an applicant or a current or
former person covered by a managed care plan is confidential and is not subject to public disclosure.
- (b) This section does not apply to medical information that is disclosed if
- (1) the individual whose identity is disclosed gives oral, electronic, or written consent to the disclosure;
- (2) the information is disclosed for research
- (A) that is subject to federal law and regulations protecting the rights and welfare of research participants; or
- (B) using health information that protects the confidentiality of participants by coding or encryption of information that
would otherwise identify the patient;
- (3) the information is disclosed for purposes of obtaining reimbursement under health insurance;
- (4) the information is disclosed at the written request of the covered person;
- (5) the disclosure is required by law.
- (c) Nothing in this section may be construed to prohibit the exchange of medical information between and among health care
providers of an applicant or a person currently or formerly covered by a managed care plan for purposes of providing
medical care services.
- (d) This section does not apply to a managed care entity that is subject to AS 21.36.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.