Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 6. The Director of Insurance
- Section 165. Immunity For Director and Others.
previous: Section 160
. Examination Expense.
next: Section 170
. Witnesses, Evidence, and Contempt.
AS 21.06.165. Immunity For Director and Others.
- (a) The director, employees or agents of the division, and the National Association of Insurance Commissioners and its
employees, are not liable for civil damages for an act or omission in the execution of their authorized activities or
duties under this title, or for the publication or dissemination of a report or bulletin related to their authorized
activities or duties.
- (b) A person may not bring a civil action if the civil action arises out of the act of communicating or delivering
information to the director, a representative of the director, or an examiner who is performing an examination under
- (c) This section does not abrogate or modify the common law or other statutory privilege or immunity.
- (d) This section does not preclude liability for civil damages as a result of reckless, wilful, or intentional misconduct.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.