Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 19. Highways and Ferries
- Chapter 75. Knik Arm Bridge and Toll Authority
- Section 330. Bond Terms.
previous: Section 321
. Fidelity Bond.
next: Section 332
. Bond Resolution.
AS 19.75.330. Bond Terms.
- (a) The bonds of the authority mature at the time fixed by the board. The bonds may be subject to redemption
before their fixed maturities as determined by the board, or by the authority's executive director when delegated that responsibility
under AS Section 332 , and with the premium fixed by the board, but a bond may not
be subject to redemption before its fixed maturity date unless the right to redeem that bond is expressly mentioned on the face of the
bond. The bonds
- (1) may be in denominations determined by the board;
- (2) may be issued in coupon form or in fully registered form, and may be registrable as to principal or both
principal and interest, all under regulations and conditions the board provides;
- (3) are payable as to principal and interest at the place determined by the board;
- (4) shall be signed on behalf of the authority as the board may direct; the signatures may be facsimile
signatures; each of the interest coupons, if any, attached to the bonds shall be signed by the facsimile signatures of the officials as
the board may direct;
- (5) shall have the seal of the authority impressed, printed, or lithographed on them; and
- (6) shall be issued under and subject to the terms, conditions, and covenants, providing for the payment of the
principal of and interest on the bonds and the other terms, conditions, covenants, and protective features safeguarding this payment and
relating to the operations, maintenance, or capital improvements as found necessary by the board, which covenants may include a
provision requiring the setting aside and maintenance of certain reserves to secure the payment of the principal and interest or for
operations, maintenance, or capital improvements.
- (b) The board may select a trustee or trustees for the holders of the bonds or any series of the bonds, for the
safeguarding and disbursement of any of the money in any of the funds created under this chapter or for the duties of authentication,
delivery, and registration of the bonds as the board may determine. The board shall fix the rights, duties, powers, and obligations of
the trustee or trustees.
- (c) In determining the matters and questions relating to the issuance and sale of the bonds and the fixing of
the maturities, terms, conditions, covenants, and other subjects of the bonds as provided in (a) and (b) of this section, the decisions
of the board shall be those found to be reasonably necessary for the best interests of the authority and the construction, operation,
and maintenance of its facilities, and those that will accomplish the most advantageous sale of the bonds, giving due regard to (1)
necessary or normal costs of maintenance and operation; (2) renewals and replacements of and repairs to the toll facilities; (3) all
improvements to toll facilities and property of toll facilities owned, used, operated, or leased in connection with toll facilities; (4)
the future growth and expansion of all of the facilities; and (5) the possibility of additional revenue bond financing for toll
facilities purposes. A decision of the board as expressed in any bond resolution is final when any bonds have been issued under the bond
- (d) A bond resolution may provide that the bonds issued must contain a recital that the bonds are issued under
this chapter, and any bonds containing this recital are conclusively considered to be valid and to have been issued in conformity with
- (e) The validity of the authorization and issuance of bonds is not affected by any proceeding for the
acquisition or construction of the additions, improvements, or facilities for which the bonds have been issued or by any contract in
connection with the acquisition or construction.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.