Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 19. Highways and Ferries
- Chapter 40. James Dalton Highway
- Section 210. Prohibition of Off-Road Vehicles.
previous: Section 200
. Disposal of Land or Materials.
next: Section 290
AS 19.40.210. Prohibition of Off-Road Vehicles.
Off-road vehicles are prohibited on land within five miles of the right-of-way of the highway. However, this
prohibition does not apply to
- (1) off-road vehicles necessary for oil and gas exploration, development, production, or transportation;
- (2) a person who holds a mining claim in the vicinity of the highway and who must use land within five miles of the
right-of-way of the highway to gain access to the mining claim; or
- (3) the use of a snow machine to travel across the highway corridor from land outside the corridor to access land outside
the other side of the corridor; this paragraph does not permit the use of a snow machine for any purpose within the
corridor if the use begins or ends within the corridor or within the right-of-way of the highway or if the use is for
travel within the corridor that is parallel to the right-of-way of the highway; in this paragraph, "highway corridor"
means land within five miles of the right-of-way of the highway.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.