Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 19. Highways and Ferries
- Chapter 40. James Dalton Highway
- Section 60. Conditions to Be Met.
previous: Section 50
. Highway Width.
next: Section 65
. Regulations and Penalties.
AS 19.40.060. Conditions to Be Met.
Construction authorized under AS 19.40.020
- 19.40.050 may not be undertaken until all of the
following conditions are met:
- (1) certification by the commissioners of natural resources and fish and game that adequate precautions have been taken to
protect and preserve the total ecology of the area traversed;
- (2) certification by the commissioner of transportation and public facilities that the road design and construction
methods will cause minimal landscape defacement or environmental degradation by erosion or waste disposal;
- (3) certification by the commissioner of health and social services that adequate and reasonable precautions have been
taken for the prevention of pollution during construction and subsequent public use;
- (4) all certifications, as well as the regulations, contract provisions, specifications, inspection procedures, and
programs necessary to implement and accomplish AS 19.40.020
- 19.40.050 shall be filed with the governor's office
- (5) the governor has approved all certifications and supporting material submitted under (4) of this section as being in
the best public interest, and has certified that the contract required by AS 19.40.020 has been executed.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.