Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 19. Highways and Ferries
- Chapter 30. Access Roads
- Section 270. Allocation of Money.
previous: Section 260
next: Section 280
AS 19.30.270. Allocation of Money.
- (a) During each fiscal year each municipality shall receive money from the department that has been appropriated or
otherwise designated for expenditure for road improvements within the municipality, based on the total road mileage in
each road maintenance service area in the municipality. The amounts that are available shall be distributed pro rata
among eligible municipalities.
- (b) Money allocated to a municipality under this section shall be disbursed by the municipality for road maintenance
service areas based on a first come, first served priority of road maintenance service area applications, subject to a
50 percent match by each road maintenance service area.
- (c) Money allocated under this section shall be available for expenditure in the road maintenance service area for which
the funds are authorized for a period of five years after the end of the fiscal year for which the funds are
authorized. Money allocated for a road maintenance service area that is unexpended and unobligated at the end of the
five-year period shall be used for other road maintenance service areas in the same municipality in accordance with AS
- 19.30.320. If there are no other road maintenance
service areas in the municipality for which the money can be used, the municipality shall remit the unexpended and
unobligated money to the department and it shall lapse into the general fund.
- (d) Fifty percent of the cost of construction in a road maintenance service area shall be paid by the road maintenance
service area through road improvement district assessments, grants, or other appropriate financing means.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.