Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 19. Highways and Ferries
- Chapter 25. Protection and Use of State Highways and Roads
- Section 270. Relocation or Removal of Memorial.
previous: Section 260
. Roadside Memorials Permitted.
next: Chapter 27
. Junk Yards
AS 19.25.270. Relocation or Removal of Memorial.
- (a) If, incidental to the construction or maintenance of a state highway, the department determines that a memorial
authorized by AS 19.25.260 must be changed, relocated,
or removed, the person who placed the memorial within the right-of-way shall change, relocate, or remove the memorial
at no expense to the state within a reasonable time set by the department. If the owner does not change, relocate, or
remove a memorial within the time set by the department, the memorial is an unauthorized encroachment and subject to
the provisions of AS 19.25.230
- (b) If a memorial in the right-of-way of a state highway does not comply with the requirements of AS 19.25.260
, the memorial is an unauthorized encroachment. The department may require removal of the encroachment in the manner
provided in AS 19.25.230
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.