Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 85. Public Defender Agency
- Section 170. Definitions.
previous: Section 160
. Records and Reports.
next: Section 180
. Short Title.
AS 18.85.170. Definitions.
In this chapter,
- (1) "agency" means the public defender agency created by AS 18.85.010;
- (2) "detain" means to have in custody or otherwise deprive of freedom of action;
- (3) "expenses," when used with reference to representation under this chapter, includes an expense of investigation, other
preparation, and trial;
- (4) "indigent person" means a person who, at the time need is determined, does not have sufficient assets, credit, or
other means to provide for payment of an attorney and all other necessary expenses of representation without depriving
the party or the party's dependents of food, clothing, or shelter and who has not disposed of any assets since the
commission of the offense with the intent or for the purpose of establishing eligibility for assistance under this
- (5) "serious crime" includes
- (A) a criminal matter in which a person is entitled to representation by an attorney under the Constitution of the State
of Alaska or the United States Constitution;
- (B) an act that, but for the age of the person involved, would otherwise be a serious crime.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.