Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 85. Public Defender Agency
- Section 110. Notice and Provision For Representation.
previous: Section 100
. Right to Representation, Services, and Facilities.
next: Section 120
. Determination of Indigency; Repayment.
AS 18.85.110. Notice and Provision For Representation.
- (a) If a person having a right to representation under AS 18.85.100
is not represented by an attorney, the court shall, at the time of the person's appearance before the court, clearly
inform the person of the right of an indigent person to be represented by an attorney at public expense.
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 6 ch 85 SLA 1996].
- (c) [Repealed, Sec. 6 ch 85 SLA 1996].
- (d) If a court determines under AS 18.85.120
that an indigent person is entitled to be represented by an attorney at public expense, the court shall promptly
notify the agency or the office of public advocacy.
- (e) Upon notification or assignment under this section, the agency or the office of public advocacy shall represent the
person with respect to whom the notification or assignment is made.
- (f) [Repealed, Sec. 6 ch 85 SLA 1996].
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.