Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 80. State Commission For Human Rights
- Section 290. Local Human Rights Commissions.
previous: Section 280
. Acquittal Bars Other Actions.
next: Section 295
. Apprenticeship Programs.
AS 18.80.290. Local Human Rights Commissions.
- (a) The legislative body of a municipality may, by ordinance or resolution, authorize the establishment of membership in
and support of a local human rights commission. The number and qualifications of the members of a local commission and
their terms and method of appointment or removal shall be as determined by the legislative body, except that a member
may not hold office in a political party.
- (b) The legislative body of a municipality has the authority to appropriate funds in amounts as considered necessary for
the purpose of contributing to the operation of a local commission, including the payment of its share of the salary of
an investigator or staff member acting jointly for it and one or more other local commissions.
- (c) The local commission has the power to appoint employees and staff as it considers necessary to fulfill its purpose,
including the power to appoint an investigator or staff member to act jointly for it and one or more other local
- (d) The governing body of a municipality has the authority under AS 29.20.320 to grant to local commissions powers and duties
similar to those exercised by the commission under the provisions of this chapter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.