(a) A person who is aggrieved by a discriminatory practice prohibited by this chapter may sign and file with the commission a written, verified complaint stating the name and address of the person alleged to have engaged in the discriminatory practice, and the particulars of the discrimination. A complainant may withdraw the complaint at any time before the service of an accusation under AS 18.80.120. A withdrawal must be signed by the complainant and be in writing. A withdrawal does not limit the discretion of the executive director provided in (b) of this section.
(b) The executive director may file a complaint in the manner provided in (a) of this section when a discriminatory practice comes to the attention of the executive director.
Other Sections in this Chapter:
- Sec. 18.80.010. Creation.
- Sec. 18.80.020. Composition and appointment.
- Sec. 18.80.030. Chairman of commission.
- Sec. 18.80.040. Commission meetings.
- Sec. 18.80.050. Regulations.
- Sec. 18.80.060. Powers and duties of the commission.
- Sec. 18.80.070. Compensation.
- Sec. 18.80.075. Legal counsel.
- Sec. 18.80.105. Temporary restraining order.
- Sec. 18.80.110. Investigation and conciliation.
- Sec. 18.80.112. Dismissal of complaint without prejudice.
- Sec. 18.80.115. Confidential information.
- Sec. 18.80.120. Hearing.
- Sec. 18.80.130. Order; interest rate.
- Sec. 18.80.135. Judicial review and enforcement.
- Sec. 18.80.140. Effect of compliance with order.
- Sec. 18.80.145. Intervention by State Commission for Human Rights.
- Sec. 18.80.150. Annual report.
- Sec. 18.80.160. Informative publications.
- Sec. 18.80.200. Purpose.
- Sec. 18.80.210. Civil rights.
- Sec. 18.80.215. Activities in aid of housing for minority groups.
- Sec. 18.80.220. Unlawful employment practices; exception.
- Sec. 18.80.230. Unlawful practices in places of public accommodation.
- Sec. 18.80.240. Unlawful practices in the sale or rental of real property.
- Sec. 18.80.250. Unlawful financing practice.
- Sec. 18.80.255. Unlawful practices by the state or its political subdivisions.
- Sec. 18.80.260. Aiding, abetting, or coercing a violation of chapter.
- Sec. 18.80.270. Penalty.
- Sec. 18.80.280. Acquittal bars other actions.
- Sec. 18.80.290. Local human rights commissions.
- Sec. 18.80.295. Apprenticeship programs.
- Sec. 18.80.300. Definitions.