Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 74. Cigarette Fire Safety
- Section 190. Seizure of Cigarettes. [Effective August 1, 2008]..
previous: Section 180
. Separate Accounting. [Effective August 1, 2008]..
next: Section 200
. Other Remedies. [Effective August 1, 2008]..
AS 18.74.190. Seizure of Cigarettes. [Effective August 1, 2008]..
- (a) If a person is offering for sale or has made a sale of cigarettes in violation of AS 18.74.010 , the state fire marshal, the department, or a law enforcement
agency shall seize and, subject to (b) of this section, dispose of the cigarettes.
- (b) Before disposal of cigarettes under (a) of this section, the state fire marshal or the department shall
- (1) provide the person from whom the cigarette was seized with notice of the seizure and an opportunity for a
hearing regarding the seizure; and
- (2) permit the holder of the trademark rights in the cigarette brand to inspect the cigarettes.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.