Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 74. Cigarette Fire Safety
- Section 50. Testing Laboratories. [Effective August 1, 2008]..
previous: Section 40
. Alternative Test Methods. [Effective August 1, 2008]..
next: Section 60
. Testing for Another Purpose. [Effective August 1, 2008]..
AS 18.74.050. Testing Laboratories. [Effective August 1, 2008]..
- (a) Testing of cigarettes under this chapter shall be performed by a laboratory that has been accredited under
standard ISO/IEC 17025 of the International Organization for Standardization or by another comparable accreditation standard required by
the state fire marshal.
- (b) A laboratory that conducts cigarette testing under this chapter shall implement a quality control and quality
assurance program that ensures the repeatability of the testing results. The repeatability value may not be greater than 0.19. In this
- (1) "quality control and quality assurance program" means the laboratory procedures implemented to ensure that
operator bias, systematic and nonsystematic methodological errors, and equipment-related problems do not affect the results of the
testing quality control program;
- (2) "repeatability" means the range of values within which the repeat results of cigarette test trials from a single
laboratory will fall 95 percent of the time.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.