Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 70. Fire Protection
- Section 80. Regulations.
previous: Section 75
. Authority of Fire Department Officers; Penalty.
next: Section 81
. Approval of Fire Protection Systems.
AS 18.70.080. Regulations.
- (a) The Department of Public Safety shall adopt regulations for the purpose of protecting life and property from fire and
explosion by establishing minimum standards for
- (1) fire detection and suppression equipment;
- (2) fire and life safety criteria in commercial, industrial, business, institutional, or other public buildings, and
buildings used for residential purposes containing four or more dwelling units;
- (3) any activity in which combustible or explosive materials are stored or handled in commercial quantities;
- (4) conditions or activities carried on outside a building described in (2) or (3) of this subsection likely to cause
injury to persons or property.
- (b) The commissioner of public safety may establish by regulation and the department may charge reasonable fees for fire
and life safety plan checks made to determine compliance with regulations adopted under (a)(2) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.