Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 67. Violent Crimes Compensation Board
- Section 30. Application For Compensation.
previous: Section 20
. Violent Crimes Compensation Board.
next: Section 40
. Action On Application; Hearings.
AS 18.67.030. Application For Compensation.
- (a) A person who may be eligible for compensation under this chapter may make application to the board. In a case in which
the person entitled to make application is a minor, the application may be made on the person's behalf by a parent or
guardian. In a case in which the person entitled to make application is mentally incompetent, the application may be
made on the person's behalf by a parent, guardian, or other individual authorized to administer the person's estate.
- (b) In order to be eligible for compensation under this chapter, the applicant shall, before a hearing on an application
under this chapter, submit reports, if reasonably available, from all physicians or surgeons who have treated or
examined the victim in relation to the injury for which compensation is claimed at the time of or subsequent to the
victim's injury or death. If, in the opinion of the board, reports on the previous medical history of the victim, a
report on the examination of the injured victim, or a report on the cause of death of the victim by an impartial
medical expert would be of material aid to its determination, the board shall order the reports and examination.
- (c) An application for compensation and personally identifying information relating to an applicant for compensation are
confidential records and may not be released by the board.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.