Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 66. Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
- Section 210. Exceptions.
previous: Section 200
. Compulsory Disclosure of Communications Prohibited.
next: Section 220
AS 18.66.210. Exceptions.
The privilege provided under AS 18.66.200
does not apply to
- (1) reports of suspected child abuse or neglect under AS 47.17;
- (2) evidence that the victim is about to commit a crime;
- (3) a proceeding that occurs after the victim's death;
- (4) a communication relevant to an issue of breach by the victim or victim counselor of a duty arising out of the
victim-victim counselor relationship;
- (5) a communication that is determined to be admissible hearsay as an excited utterance under the Alaska Rules of
- (6) a child-in-need-of-aid proceeding under AS 47.10;
- (7) a communication made during the victim-victim counselor relationship if the services of the counselor were sought,
obtained, or used to enable anyone to commit or plan a crime or to escape detection or apprehension after the
commission of a crime; or
- (8) a criminal proceeding concerning criminal charges against a victim of domestic violence or sexual assault where the
victim is charged with a crime
- (A) under AS 11.41 against a minor; or
- (B) in which the physical, mental, or emotional condition of the victim is raised in defense of the victim.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.