Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 66. Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
- Section 120. Modification of Protective Orders.
previous: Section 110
. Ex Parte and Emergency Protective Orders.
next: Section 130
. Specific Protective Orders.
AS 18.66.120. Modification of Protective Orders.
- (a) Either the petitioner or the respondent may request modification of a protective order. If a request is made for
- (1) an ex parte protective order under AS 18.66.110
(a), the court shall schedule a hearing on three days' notice or on shorter notice as the court may prescribe; the
court shall hear and rule on the request in an expeditious manner; or
- (2) a protective order after notice and hearing under AS 18.66.100(b), the court shall schedule a hearing within
20 days after the date the request is made, except that if the court finds that the request is meritless on its face,
the court may deny the request without further hearing.
- (b) If a request for a modification is made under this section and the respondent raises an issue not raised by the
petitioner, the court may allow the petitioner additional time to respond.
- (c) If the court modifies a protective order under this section, it shall issue a modified order and shall
- (1) make reasonable efforts to ensure that the order is understood by the petitioner and by the respondent, if present at
the hearing; and
- (2) have the order delivered to the appropriate local law enforcement agency for expedited service and for entry into the
central registry of protective orders under AS 18.65.540
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.