Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 65. Police Protection
- Section 860. Modification of Protective Orders For Stalking and Sexual Assault.
previous: Section 855
. Ex Parte and Emergency Protective Orders For Stalking and Sexual Assault.
next: Section 865
. Service of Process; Forms For Petitions and Orders; Fees; Warnings; Notification; and Pending Civil or Criminal Actions.
AS 18.65.860. Modification of Protective Orders For Stalking and Sexual Assault.
- (a) Either the petitioner or the respondent may request modification of a protective order issued under AS 18.65.850
or 18.65.855(a). If a request is made for
- (1) a protective order, after notice and hearing under AS 18.65.850
, the court shall schedule a hearing within 20 days after the date the request is made, except that, if the court finds
that the request is meritless on its face, the court may deny the request without a hearing; or
- (2) an ex parte protective order under AS 18.65.855
(a), the court shall schedule a hearing on three days' notice or on shorter notice as the court may prescribe.
- (b) If the court modifies a protective order under this section, the court shall issue a modified order and shall
- (1) make reasonable efforts to ensure that the order is understood by the petitioner and by the respondent, if present at
the hearing; and
- (2) have the order delivered to the appropriate local law enforcement agency for expedited service.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.