Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 57. Regional Electrical Authorities
- Section 30. Tax Exemption.
previous: Section 20
. Creation of Authorities.
next: Section 40
. Powers of the Authority.
AS 18.57.030. Tax Exemption.
- (a) A regional electrical authority is exempt from payment of taxes or assessments, other than assessments that may be
levied under AS 29.46.010, on property owned by the
authority that is used for generation and transportation of electricity.
- (b) All obligations issued under this chapter are issued by a body corporate and public that is a political subdivision of
the state and for an essential public and governmental purpose, and the obligations, and the interest and income on and
from the obligations, and all fees, charges, funds, revenues, income, and other money pledged or available to pay or
secure the payment of the obligations or interest are exempt from taxation except for transfer, inheritance, and estate
- (c) All obligations or liabilities of a regional electrical authority remain its own and are not obligations or
liabilities of the state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.