Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 50. Vital Statistics Act
- Section 280. Court Reports of Divorce, Dissolution, and Annulment.
previous: Section 272
. Heirloom Certificates of Marriage Suitable For Display.
next: Section 290
. Corrections and Amendments.
AS 18.50.280. Court Reports of Divorce, Dissolution, and Annulment.
- (a) For each dissolution, divorce, and annulment of marriage granted by a court in the state, the clerk of the court shall
prepare and file a certificate of dissolution, divorce, or annulment with the bureau, on forms prescribed and furnished
by the bureau. The forms must require the reporting of the social security numbers of the petitioner or plaintiff and,
if ascertainable, the other party to the dissolution, divorce, or annulment of marriage. The petitioner or plaintiff
shall furnish the court with the information necessary to complete the certificate, and the furnishing of this
information is prerequisite to the issuance of a decree.
- (b) Before the 11th day of each month the clerk of the court shall forward to the bureau the certificate of each
dissolution, divorce, and annulment granted during the preceding calendar month and the related reports required by
regulation adopted under this chapter.
- (c) Upon request, the bureau shall provide a social security number supplied under (a) of this section to the child
support services agency created in AS 25.27.010
, or the child support enforcement agency of another state, for child support purposes authorized under law.
Article 04. RECORDS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.