Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 50. Vital Statistics Act
- Section 270. Marriage Registration.
previous: Section 260
. Extension of Time.
next: Section 272
. Heirloom Certificates of Marriage Suitable For Display.
AS 18.50.270. Marriage Registration.
- (a) A certificate of marriage for each marriage performed in the state shall be filed with the local registrar of vital
statistics of the registration district in which the marriage was performed within seven days of the marriage.
- (b) The official who issues the marriage license shall prepare the certificate of marriage on forms prescribed and
furnished by the bureau, as specified elsewhere in the statutes and in regulations adopted under this chapter.
- (c) A person who performs a marriage shall complete the forms as specified elsewhere in the statutes or in regulations
adopted under this chapter, and shall file the original certificate of marriage with the local registrar.
- (d) An official issuing a marriage license shall report to the state registrar before the 11th day of each calendar month,
on forms prescribed and furnished by the bureau, the information required concerning each marriage license issued
during the preceding month.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.