Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 35. Public Accommodations and Facilities
- Section 320. Designation of Smoking Sections.
previous: Section 310
next: Section 330
. Display of Smoking and No Smoking Signs.
AS 18.35.320. Designation of Smoking Sections.
- (a) A person in charge of an indoor place or vehicle of public transportation described in AS 18.35.300
may designate portions of the place or vehicle as smoking sections. For purposes of this section, "vehicle of public
transportation" does not include a taxicab or limousine for hire, and "indoor place" does not include an elevator.
- (b) The person who chairs the Rules Committee in a house of the legislature is responsible for the designation of smoking
sections under this section in the legislative offices, committee rooms, and other places under the control of that
house. The authority to designate a smoking section may not be used to impede the work of a conference committee.
- (c) A person who designates a smoking section under this section shall make reasonable accommodations to protect the
health of the nonsmokers who use the place or vehicle by separation, partition, or ventilation that ensures that
nonsmokers in the place or vehicle are not subject to the active by-products of smoke from smokers in the place or
- (d) Notwithstanding any other provision in this chapter, a smoking section may not be designated under this section for
students on the grounds of or in an elementary or secondary school, indoors or outdoors.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.