Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 31. Asbestos
- Section 200. Certification Programs.
previous: Section 50
. Repayment of Grant Funds.
next: Section 500
AS 18.31.200. Certification Programs.
- (a) The Department of Labor and Workforce Development shall
- (1) establish guidelines for employee training certification programs, including respiratory and competency tests to be
completed successfully, to ensure that a person who is employed to abate asbestos health hazards is trained to do the
work safely and is informed about the danger of working with asbestos;
- (2) review certification programs proposed by contractors, labor organizations, public and private vocational training
programs, and others for persons who will be employed to abate asbestos health hazards;
- (3) approve proposed certification programs that meet the department's guidelines under this subsection;
- (4) assist in meeting the certification guidelines those whose certification program proposals have been found
- (b) Before a contractor may undertake work to abate an asbestos related health hazard, the contractor shall
- (1) propose to the Department of Labor and Workforce Development a plan for the certification of its employees as
adequately trained to handle asbestos in a safe and knowledgeable way;
- (2) receive approval from the department of that plan; and
- (3) certify that each person who will work on the abatement of an asbestos health hazard is adequately trained to handle
asbestos in a safe and knowledgeable way.
- (c) A person may not be employed to abate an asbestos health hazard unless the person has been certified in a program
approved by the Department of Labor and Workforce Development under (a) of this section.
- (d) A contractor who violates (b) or (c) of this section is subject to a civil penalty not to exceed $1,000, as determined
by the commissioner of labor and workforce development.
- (e) A contractor who violates (b) of this section is guilty of a class A misdemeanor.
- (f) A contractor who violates (c) of this section is guilty of a class B misdemeanor.
- (g) The Department of Labor and Workforce Development shall adopt by regulation a fee schedule for
- (1) review, approval, and certification of asbestos training certification programs and plans under this section; and
- (2) certification of a person employed to abate an asbestos health hazard.
Article 03. GENERAL PROVISIONS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.