Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 26. Alaska Medical Facility Authority
- Section 10. Legislative Finding and Policy.
previous: Chapter 26
. Alaska Medical Facility Authority
next: Section 20
. Creation of Authority.
AS 18.26.010. Legislative Finding and Policy.
- (a) The legislature finds that
- (1) there exist inadequate medical care and medical facilities in certain localities of the state, and in other localities
medical care is not available and medical facilities do not exist at all;
- (2) construction funding under 42 U.S.C. 291-291z (Title VI, Public Health Service Act) and 42 U.S.C. 2661-2698(b) (P.L.
88-164, Community Mental Health Centers Construction Act of 1963) has not been forthcoming to the degree necessary,
either alone or when combined with state or local funds, to ameliorate the state's need for medical care and medical
- (3) it is essential that the people of this state have adequate medical care and medical facilities at a reasonable cost.
- (b) It is declared to be the policy of the state, in the interests of promoting the health and general welfare of all of
its people, to provide acceptable alternative means of financing the constructing and equipping of needed medical
facilities that, in number, size, type, distribution, operation, and services, are consistent with the orderly and
economic development of medical facilities and services, are in the public interest, avoid unnecessary duplication of
medical facilities and services, are economical in the use of health personnel, and will assure admission and care of
high quality to all who need it. The legislature finds that this policy will be implemented by creating a public
corporation called the Alaska Medical Facility Authority, with powers, duties, and functions as provided in this
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.