Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 8. Emergency Medical Services
- Section 84. Certificate Required.
previous: Section 82
. Issuance of Certificates.
next: Section 86
. Immunity From Liability.
AS 18.08.084. Certificate Required.
- (a) One may not represent oneself, nor may an agency or business represent an agent or employee of that agency or
business, as an emergency medical dispatcher, emergency medical technician, or emergency medical technician instructor
certified by the state unless the person represented is certified for that occupation under AS 18.08.082.
- (b) A person, organization, or government agency may not represent itself as an emergency medical service or ambulance
service certified by the state unless the person, organization, or government agency is certified as an emergency
medical service under AS 18.08.082
- (c) A person may not provide, offer, or advertise to provide advanced life support services outside a hospital unless
authorized by law.
- (d) A person, organization, or government agency that provides, offers, or advertises to provide an emergency medical
service may not provide advanced life support services unless authorized under AS 18.08.082.
- (e) A hospital, clinic, or other entity may not represent itself as being a trauma center unless it is certified under AS
as meeting the criteria established for a trauma center.
- (f) A person, organization, or government agency may not offer or conduct a training course that is represented as a
course for mobile intensive care paramedics unless the person, organization, or agency is certified under AS 18.08.082
to offer or conduct that course.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.