Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 17. Food and Drugs
- Chapter 6. Sale of Organic Meat, Fish, Poultry, and Processed Foods
- Section 10. Prohibition.
previous: Chapter 6
. Sale of Organic Meat, Fish, Poultry, and Processed Foods
next: Section 20
AS 17.06.010. Prohibition.
- (a) A person may not sell or offer for sale food represented as organic food if the person knows or has reason to know
that the food has been grown, raised, or produced with the use of
- (1) a fertilizer, except for manure and other natural fertilizers;
- (2) a manufactured pesticide, hormone, antibiotic, or growth stimulant, except for Bacillus thuringensis and other natural
- (3) a substance listed by the department under AS 17.06.050
that is similar to a substance that is restricted with regard to organic food under (1) or (2) of this subsection.
- (b) In this section, "with the use of" means
- (1) applied to the food before a retail sale;
- (2) fed to the animal producing the food;
- (3) unless the substance applied is a pesticide, applied to the soil or other growing medium within one year before seed
planting or transplanting, or, if the crops are perennial, before the appearance of the flower bud; or
- (4) in the case of pesticides, applied to the soil or other growing medium within two years before seed planting or
transplanting, or, if the crops are perennial, before the appearance of the flower bud.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.