Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 43. Regulation of Entry Into Alaska Commercial Fisheries
- Section 855. Assessment of Points.
previous: Section 850
. Point System.
next: Section 860
AS 16.43.855. Assessment of Points.
- (a) Notice of each assessment of points shall be given to the permit holder. Notice shall also be given to the permit
holder before the expiration of a suspension of commercial salmon fishing privileges under AS 16.43.850
(d) that subsequent violations of commercial fishing laws in the salmon fishery may result in further suspensions of
the permit. The notice may be given by first class mail.
- (b) The time periods provided for in AS 16.43.850
for the accumulation of points shall be based on the date of conviction, either on a plea of guilty, nolo contendere,
or a forfeiture of bail or collateral, or as a result of a trial, for violation of a commercial salmon fishing law.
- (c) The assessment of points against a permit holder by the commission under AS 16.43.850
- 16.43.895 is in addition to, and not in
substitution for, other provisions of this title and is not a substitute for any penalty imposed by a court.
- (d) If points are assessed against a permit holder who holds a commercial fishing permit for a salmon fishery under an
emergency transfer approved by the commission under AS 16.43.180
, the same number of points shall also be assessed against the transferor of the permit. Points assessed against the
transferor of the permit under this subsection shall be included in calculations made under AS 16.43.850(d).
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.