Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 40. Commercial Use of Fish and Game
- Section 150. Disease Control and Inspection.
previous: Section 140
. Limitation On Sale, Transfer of Stock, and Products.
next: Section 155
. Records and Reports Confidential.
AS 16.40.150. Disease Control and Inspection.
- (a) The department shall order the quarantine or the destruction and disposal of diseased hatchery stock or of aquatic
farm products when necessary to protect wild stock. A holder of a permit issued under AS 16.40.100 shall report to the department an outbreak or
incidence of disease among stock or aquatic farm products of the permit holder within 48 hours after discovering the
outbreak or incidence.
- (b) A holder of a permit issued under AS 16.40.100
shall allow the department to inspect the permit holder's farm or hatchery during operating hours and upon reasonable
notice. The cost of inspection shall be borne by the department.
- (c) The department shall develop a disease management and control program for aquatic farms and hatcheries.
- (d) The department may enter into an agreement with a state or federal agency or a private, state-certified provider to
provide services under (b) and (c) of this section, or inspections under AS 16.40.110
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.