Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 40. Commercial Use of Fish and Game
- Section 105. Criteria For Issuance of Permits.
previous: Section 100
. Aquatic Farm and Hatchery Permits.
next: Section 110
. Permit Application, Renewal, and Transfer.
AS 16.40.105. Criteria For Issuance of Permits.
The commissioner shall issue permits under AS 16.40.100
on the basis of the following criteria:
- (1) the physical and biological characteristics of the proposed farm or hatchery location must be suitable for the farming
or the shellfish or aquatic plant proposed;
- (2) the proposed farm or hatchery may not require significant alterations in traditional fisheries or other existing uses
of fish and wildlife resources;
- (3) the proposed farm or hatchery may not significantly affect fisheries, wildlife, or their habitats in an adverse
- (4) the proposed farm or hatchery plans and staffing plans must demonstrate technical and operational feasibility; and
- (5) the proposed farm site may not include more than an insignificant population of a wild stock, on the site,
of a shellfish species intended to be cultured.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.