Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 20. Conservation and Protection of Alaska Fish and Game
- Section 350. Management Responsibility For Moose Range.
previous: Section 340
. Purpose of Matanuska Valley Moose Range.
next: Section 360
. Matanuska Valley Moose Range Established.
AS 16.20.350. Management Responsibility For Moose Range.
- (a) The Department of Fish and Game is responsible for the management of fish and game resources on the state land and
water described in AS 16.20.360 consistent with the
purposes of AS 16.20.340
- (b) Management of the surface and subsurface estate is the responsibility of the Department of Natural Resources. After
adequate public hearings the Department of Natural Resources shall develop and adopt a management plan for the
Matanuska Valley Moose Range that shall reflect the concurrence of the Department of Fish and Game. The management
plan shall be adopted, implemented, and maintained within three years of the establishment of the Matanuska Valley
Moose Range. The management plan shall be revised, if necessary and appropriate, under the same procedure followed for
initial adoption. The plan shall provide for roadside recreation sites, including picnicking and camping areas.
- (c) The Department of Natural Resources may, after consultation with the Department of Fish and Game, adopt regulations
governing the public use of the area. The regulations must include provisions for multiple use, as defined in AS 38.04.910
, and for public multiple uses listed in AS 16.20.340
. Regulations adopted for the Matanuska Valley Moose Range do not apply to private land within the boundary described
in AS 16.20.360.
- (d) The area shall be managed to sustain fish and wildlife resources in perpetuity, according to the principle of
- (e) The commissioner of natural resources may acquire in the name of the state, by negotiated purchase only, without an
option of first purchase, title or interest in real property lying within the boundaries of the Matanuska Valley Moose
Range. The land described herein is to be managed by the Department of Natural Resources.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.