Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 10. Fisheries and Fishing Regulations
- Section 165. Utilization of Groundfish Taken in a Commercial Fishery.
previous: Section 164
. Policy On Utilization of Pollock.
next: Section 172
. Legislative Policy On Utilization of Herring.
AS 16.10.165. Utilization of Groundfish Taken in a Commercial Fishery.
- (a) Unless otherwise provided by law, a person may not recklessly waste or cause to be wasted groundfish taken in a
- (b) The Board of Fisheries may adopt regulations under AS 44.62
(Administrative Procedure Act) it considers necessary for implementation of this section. The board may delegate its
authority under this section to the commissioner.
- (c) A person who violates this section is guilty of a class A misdemeanor.
- (d) Each day on which a violation of this section occurs is a separate violation.
- (e) In this section
- (1) "flesh" means all muscular body tissue surrounding the skeleton;
- (2) "groundfish" means
- (A) pollock; or
- (B) other species of groundfish designated by the Board of Fisheries under authority of this section;
- (3) "person" includes a joint venture;
- (4) "waste" means the failure to use the flesh of groundfish for human consumption, reduction to meal, production of food
for domestic animals or fish, bait, or scientific, display, or educational purposes; "waste" does not include normal,
inadvertent loss of flesh associated with processing that cannot be prevented by practical means.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.