Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 5. Fish and Game Code
- Section 632. Identification of Shellfish Pots or Buoys, or Both, Used in the Taking of King Crab and Requirements For Buoys.
previous: Section 630
. Shellfish Pot License. [Repealed, Sec. 19 Ch 105 SLA 1977].
next: Section 640
. - 16.05.650. Clam Digger's License; Licensing of Small Commercial Operations. [Repealed, Sec. 19 Ch 105 SLA 1977].
AS 16.05.632. Identification of Shellfish Pots or Buoys, or Both, Used in the Taking of King Crab and Requirements For Buoys.
- (a) Registration tags for the identification of shellfish pots or buoys, or both, used in the taking of king crab are
required in areas in which the board has regulations limiting the total amount of shellfish pots allowed per vessel.
Registration tags shall
- (1) be issued by the department under regulations adopted by the board;
- (2) be nontransferable;
- (3) be individually numbered, designating the year of issuance;
- (4) be permanently affixed to each shellfish pot or buoy, or both, used in the taking of king crab, whichever in the
determination of the board is appropriate for identification, and in a manner determined to be appropriate by the
- (5) conform to other requirements determined to be appropriate by the board; and
- (6) be issued and renewed for a fee equal to the cost of obtaining the registration tags plus reasonable administrative
costs, under procedures determined to be appropriate by the department.
- (b) The unauthorized production, reproduction, sale, exchange, distribution, or use of registration tags required in (a)
of this section is prohibited.
- (c) In addition to meeting other requirements imposed by law, each shellfish pot used in the taking of king crab shall be
connected to one durable "sea lion" buoy of an appropriate type and diameter as specified by the board. The buoy shall
conform to other specifications determined to be appropriate by the board.
- (d) [Repealed, Sec. 61 ch 50 SLA 1989].
- (e) In this section
- (1) "board" means the Board of Fisheries;
- (2) "registration tags" means any tag, tape, or other identification device or method determined to be appropriate by the
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.