Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 5. Fish and Game Code
- Section 408. Nonresident Alien Hunter to Be Accompanied By Guide.
previous: Section 407
. Nonresident Hunting Big Game Animals Must Be Accompanied.
next: Section 410
. Revocation of License.
AS 16.05.408. Nonresident Alien Hunter to Be Accompanied By Guide.
- (a) It is a class A misdemeanor for a nonresident alien to hunt, pursue, or take a big game animal as defined by the Board
of Game unless personally accompanied by
- (1) a registered guide-outfitter or a master guide-outfitter licensed under AS 08.54 who
is providing big game hunting services to the nonresident alien under a contract with the nonresident alien; or
- (2) a class-A assistant guide or an assistant guide licensed under AS 08.54 who is employed by a registered guide-outfitter or a master guide-outfitter who
has a contract to provide big game hunting services to the nonresident alien.
- (b) A nonresident alien, when purchasing a big game tag for the taking of an animal specified in (a) of this section,
shall first furnish to the state, on a form provided by the state, an affidavit showing that the nonresident alien will
be accompanied in the hunt by a person who is qualified under the terms of (a) of this section. A nonresident alien
shall have a copy of the affidavit in possession while in the field hunting. A person who falsifies the required
affidavit is guilty of perjury under AS 11.56.200
- (c) Before obtaining a nonresident hunt permit for the taking of an animal specified in (a) of this section, a nonresident
alien shall, if requested by the department, first furnish to the department proof of prior authorization to use
federal or private land where the permit hunt will occur. The authorization shall be provided to the nonresident alien
by the registered guide-outfitter or master guide-outfitter with whom the nonresident alien has contracted to guide the permit hunt.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.