Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 60. General Provisions
- Section 8. Recognized Political Party Status.
previous: Section 7
. Sale of Voter Registration and Election Management Software.
next: Section 10
AS 15.60.008. Recognized Political Party Status.
- (a) A political group that the director has not recognized as a political party may obtain recognized political
party status if, on or before May 31 of the election year for which the political group seeks recognition, the political group
- (1) files an application with the director;
- (2) submits bylaws to the director and the United States Department of Justice as required of political parties
in AS 15.25.014 ; and
- (3) meets the definition of a political party in AS 15.60.010 .
- (b) The director shall verify that each political group seeking recognized political party status under (a) of
this section and each recognized political party meets the definition of a political party in AS 15.60.010 .
- (c) The director shall perform a verification described in (b) of this section at least once a month after the
date of certification of the preceding general election, except that the director may suspend the monthly verifications on and after
June 1 and before November 30 of a general election year. For purposes of (b) of this section, the director shall verify that the voters
who have submitted registration forms to the division of elections are qualified under AS 15.05.010 and have declared affiliation with the political group or
recognized political party for which the verification is performed.
- (d) Within 10 days after a verification under (c) of this section, the director shall provide to a political
group seeking recognized political party status under (a) of this section written notification when the political group has obtained
recognized political party status.
- (e) The director may not withdraw recognized political party status from a political group that no longer
qualifies as a political party until after the first verification after a general election at which a governor was elected. The director
shall notify the political group in writing of the withdrawal of recognition.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.