Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 56. Election Offenses, Corrupt Practices, and Penalties
- Section 80. Election Official Misconduct in the Second Degree.
previous: Section 70
. Election Official Misconduct in the First Degree.
next: Section 90
. Improper Subscription to Petition.
AS 15.56.080. Election Official Misconduct in the Second Degree.
- (a) A person commits the crime of election official misconduct in the second degree if while an election official, and
while the polls are open, the person
- (1) opens a ballot received from a voter at an election, unless permitted by ordinance in a local election;
- (2) marks a ballot by folding or otherwise so as to be able to recognize it;
- (3) otherwise attempts to learn how a voter marked a ballot; or
- (4) allows a person to do one of the acts prescribed by (1), (2), or (3) of this subsection.
- (b) Election official misconduct in the second degree is a class A misdemeanor.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.