Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 56. Election Offenses, Corrupt Practices, and Penalties
- Section 60. Unlawful Interference With An Election.
previous: Section 50
. Voter Misconduct in the Second Degree.
next: Section 70
. Election Official Misconduct in the First Degree.
AS 15.56.060. Unlawful Interference With An Election.
- (a) A person commits the crime of unlawful interference with an election if the person
- (1) induces or attempts to induce an election official to fail in the official's duty by force, threat, intimidation, or
offers of reward;
- (2) intentionally changes, attempts to change, or causes to be changed an official election document including ballots,
tallies, and returns;
- (3) intentionally delays, attempts to delay, or causes to be delayed the sending of the certificate, register, ballots, or
other materials whether original or duplicate, required to be sent by AS 15.15.370
- (4) is contracted or employed by the state to print or reproduce in any manner an official ballot, and the person
- (A) personally appropriates, or gives or delivers to, or permits to be taken by anyone other than a person authorized by
the director, official ballots; or
- (B) prints or reproduces or has printed or reproduced official ballots in a form or with a content other than that
prescribed by law or as directed by the director.
- (b) Unlawful interference with an election is a class C felony.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.