Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 45. Initiative, Referendum, and Recall
- Section 580. Circulation; Prohibitions.
previous: Section 575
. Qualifications of Circulator.
next: Section 590
. Manner of Signing and Withdrawing Name From Petition.
AS 15.45.580. Circulation; Prohibitions.
- (a) The petitions may be circulated only in person throughout the state.
- (b) A circulator may not receive payment or agree to receive payment that is greater than $1 a signature, and a
person or an organization may not pay or agree to pay an amount that is greater than $1 a signature, for the collection of signatures on
- (c) A person or organization may not knowingly pay, offer to pay, or cause to be paid money or other valuable
thing to a person to sign or refrain from signing a petition.
- (d) A person or organization that violates (b) or (c) of this section is guilty of a class B misdemeanor.
- (e) In this section,
- (1) "organization" has the meaning given in AS 11.81.900 ;
- (2) "other valuable thing" has the meaning given in AS 15.56.030 ;
- (3) "person" has the meaning given in AS 11.81.900 .
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.